Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 26 April 2012

Goodbye tooth, goodbye pain

I am now back from the dentist and what I thought was going to be a terrible ordeal turned out to be completely painless. It has been many years since my last dentist visit and I was expecting a very unpleasant hour or so but the 50 minutes the whole thing took went quickly and easily as possible. My broken molar is now gone. I have a graft where the tooth was and one simple stitch. The freezing is still working but I imagine when it starts to dissipate my mouth will be more than a bit sore.
I wore my heart rate monitor during the procedure because I figured it would be interesting to see how high my heart rate went. Here are the surprising numbers. My low was 55 bpm, the peak 99 bpm and the average over the 50 minutes was 71 bpm. I fully expected the numbers to be much higher but I guess the fact that there was no pain had a lot to do with the results. The dentist, Dr. Chiasson and his assistant were very professional as well.
All in all it was a relatively easy visit and the first of several I suppose should I decide to replace the tooth. As I type I can tell that the freezing is slowly leaving so it's time for a T3 and some Advil.

2 comments: