Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Tree hugger?

I was looking at my photos from my Vail vacation when I noticed something in one of the shots that had been missed. At first glance it looks like a simple picture of a simpleton, me, wearing a hat to further enhance my simpleton persona. The only thing that could make me look more simple would be to have me start skiing. That would seal the deal.

Anyways if you look at the background of the photo there is something going on. There is a guy in a red ski jacket having a close encounter with a tree. I suppose it's possible that he just talking to it to encourage growth or maybe he's an environmentalist and is on the verge of giving it a big hug but my guess is he's about to or in the act of pissing on that tree. In plain sight! On a very busy day at Vail! The nerve! I wish I had thought of it. It's so much easier than running into the woods in ski boots.
The other photo is of our friend and roomie for the week Tom. To say the least Tom is quite a character and the week without a doubt was more fun because he was around. There are few people in this world who can walk into a bar and shout "lock up your daughters" and have both fathers and daughters laugh. If I did it the results just wouldn't be the same.
Tom wore this T-shirt on the first day and had teenagers taking pictures of it and got a lot of laughs from the shirt itself and certainly the character wearing it.

Once again I simply couldn't pull it off, wearing a shirt like that but it's a natural for Tom. I'm not sure if he's exhausted in the photo from skiing (on Head skis), having a few at our first apres ski of the week or worn out from the anticipation of..................something. Suffice to say it was a better week with Tom around and when he's not making people laugh he's doing a great job fitting ski boots at Kemark Snowsports. Thanks Tom.

1 comment: