Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 15 October 2012

Stupid beyond all imagination, updated.

This time of year in Collingwood is not the greatest because the weather is frequently lousy for outdoor activities such as biking. Today was that kind of day, cloudy, cool and drizzly.
To stay busy I decided to try baking a sweet potato pie which I have had a couple of times compliments of my friend Brian who along with his wife Sue have had me over for dinner a couple of times. Brian makes the fantastic sweet potato pie although when he first mentioned it there was no way I thought I would like it. I was wrong.  
Today I decided to make my own so it was off to the Metro to get some sweet potatoes and a few other ingredients. I got back home, pulled up a recipe on the internet that looked good and got to work. Within an 1 1/2 hours I had the filling made and poured it into the store bought graham cracker pie crust. The oven was preheated a few minutes later so I grabbed the pie and went to transfer it to the oven. Sadly, idiot that I am, I didn't take into account how heavy the filling was and when I picked it up the by the sides and went to move it the centre collapsed and the entire thing ended up splattered on the kitchen floor and lower cabinets. Fuck fuCk fUck fucK.........FUCK!
There was such a mess that I was only able to call myself a fucking moron for about 5 minutes straight before the massive task of cleaning up the mess took precedent. The amazing thing is I didn't go absolutely apeshit. I am either getting old or mellow or possibly both because years ago I would have been banging my head against the kitchen counter for being such an idiot, such a complete moron, such an incompetent twit, such a clumsy oaf. Today I was in a state of controlled rage if that's really possible. Strange. Really strange.
It's now a day later and I have tried again, this time putting the flimsy aluminium pie plate inside a solid metal one so as not to royally screw up again. All went well I think and the finished product smells good so all that is left is the taste test.
I have now had a taste and I would say it is quite good and was worth the coniption fit. I am now going to look up the meaning of the word coniption.


It looks good...I think.

2 comments:

  1. I've done shit like that. You just have to make sure you have an emergency bottle of wine on hand and a takeaway menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm yummy yam pie. Did Guinness help clean up the mess. Yams are good for your dogs anal glands!!!

    ReplyDelete