Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 4 October 2012

A Comedy of My Errors.

So I walk into the liquor store on Tuesday in a GET BEER! frame of mind and see a young guy who looks sort of familiar but I have BEER! on my mind so I continue on my quest. He approaches me and says "hello Gary" and it is then that I realise that he is a fellow employee at Scenic Caves. We talk for a while with me racking my brain trying to figure out what his name is. I think it's Jackson.
We meet up again at the cash and I see some Makers Mark bourbon so I mention that all bourbon is made in Tennessee. Wrong again, all bourbon is made in Kentucky. We get through the cash and I say "see you later Jackson" and head home.
When I get home I realise that all bourbon is made in Kentucky so I go into the work email list and find Jackson's email address and apologise for not recognising him and I correct myself on the origin of all bourbons.
The next day I get an email from Jackson. He doesn't know what I am talking about and figures I have the wrong email address.
I then go back into the company email list and realise that the guy in the liquor store is named Mark and not Jackson. Fuck fUCk FuCK fucK...........fuck!
I then had to send new emails to both Mark and Jackson explaining that I am now in the fast lane on the highway to senility and my only hope may be that I forget where the hell I'm going.
So this afternoon I am at the Turkey Tent sale at Blue Mountain and I see another Scenic Caves employee and wonder of wonders I recognise her AND I know her name. I tell Krista about my comedy of errors but when I mention that Mark is an Aussie she say no, Marty is the Aussie. I know who Marty is and insist that Mark is an Aussie as well only to be corrected by Krista for what I hope will be the last time for the next few minutes. Mark is a Brit.....who sounds a whole lot like an Aussie to me. Where's my Geritol?

1 comment: