Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Some things never change

I would like to say first that I may have given this blog the wrong name. I am going to have a hard time just writing about Collingwood sports all the time. I can't think of what I should be calling it so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Eureka!!!!!!! A new paragraph! You don't need an NFP key! It's the ENTER key! And now back to more mundane issues.
Eureka!!!!!!! One of the sports I thought I would take up here in Collingwood was golf. I was burned out from mountain biking and I thought golf would be a good replacement. I have golfed since I was in my teens but I never really tried to apply myself so I figured it would be a good sport to channel my energy into. I forgot to take into account that golf  has at times turned me into a raving maniac over the years and that I probably haven't mellowed that much. I have thrown clubs, banged my head on the back of a bench trying to knock some sense into myself, used God's name in vain (some of my best work) in front of the head priest of Brebeuf Catholic School and I still have a Nike Slingshot 5 iron resting high in the cedars beside the 6'th tee at Cranberry golf course. I still don't want that club back, it was a shitty 5 iron and I still hate it. The birthday card below was made by an artistic friend of mine in 1983 and I think it sums up just about every day I ever had on the course.
Eureka!!!!!!!She created this card without ever having seen me golf. She was just going by stories she had heard. She didn't know anything about golf and I know that because the fucking golf balls are floating. If golf balls floated I would probably still be out there with the longest ball retriever known to mankind. Floating golf balls my ass.
Eureka!!!!!!! I'm feeling very tired now. I'm not sure if it's from reliving a few of my many dark moments on the golf course or from cheering and hi-fiving Guinness every time I started a new paragraph. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment