Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 31 March 2011

It's vacation time!!!!

 Today is a marvelous day because I have finished the day at work (not much to do though) and I am now on vacation until April 12. Vacation is without a doubt the best part of work. A lot of the guys at work want as much overtime as they can get, they work the holidays and just live to make more money. I am different. I live for time off. The way I see it the more time I spend away from the morally bankrupt, ethically challenged corporation the better. Thankfully I will be retiring in the not so distant future and as much as I will heave a sigh of relief at leaving I am sure there will be management and some others at work who will be overjoyed to see me walk out the door for the last time. I think the phrase goes "don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out" which it won't because I will be sprinting. OK, I haven't sprinted for about 20 years so let's say I will hobble, shuffle, limp out the door with alacrity.
  But none of that matters now because I am off to Beaver Creek in a couple of days for 6 days of skiing and gasping for thin air. Altitude also makes me gassy. My first time in Colorado the thin air had my stomach doing flips. One day we were in a liqour store and I was feeling queasy. I sauntered to the back of the store so as not to disturb anyone. I won't go into details but I got some dirty looks when I made my exit. Last year we went for Mexican food and Lori had few margaritas with the salt rim. The next morning she looked like she had gone 10 rounds with George Chuvalo. I also had a couple of margaritas that night and my face wasn't puffy but I had fat sausage fingers the next day. By the time we start adjusting to the altitude it will be time to come home. On the bright side when I got home from there last year I hopped on my bike and felt like Superman after breathing thin air for a week. Sadly I still looked like Perry White. Beaver Creek here I come. Cheers!
 

 

1 comment: