Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 21 March 2011

Bowling, Skis

  I think a good time was had by all on Saturday night at Georgian Bowl on Saturday night. Susan Lee got the ball rolling so to speak and it was a bigger turnout than she expected because some folks out there didn't answer their emails. Come on, how tough is it to send a reply, yes or no. She could have booked a couple of more lanes so everyone would have had the opportunity to see just how lousy they really are at something that looks so simple. On the bright side the 2 lanes we had  were right beside the bar so I'm not sure if my pictures are blurry because of the low light or because of operatoring a camera under the influence. I thought it was great with the lights turned down and the tunes blaring in your ear. The automatic scoring and cartoons for spares and strikes were also something I have never seen before. I would do that again. I think they should also try to do something like that at the curling club although head injuries could become an issue.
Balancing bowling ball on shoulders.
  I had the opportunity to get out on my new skis again on Sunday evening for about 15 runs. The conditions were better than on Friday, still not great but the skis still performed wonderfully. I almost feel like I'm cheating because they are so easy to ski on. They don't quite carve like my SX9's and aren't as quick edge to edge but I'm sure they will be fantastic out west. I think Sunday was also my 18'th time out to Blue so that means skiing cost me about $10 dollars a day which you have got to admit is a real bargain. Thirteen more sleeps and then it's off to Beaver Creek-Vail with the good folks from Kenmark Ski's. I am bringing my computer and will be keeping you up to date on how many times Lori and Cam had a good laugh at my expense. I am also hoping that the Chophouse is going to be serving complimentary champagne at 3 pm everyday. Like they say; Beaver Creek, not exactly roughing it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment