Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 10 March 2011

Failure

  I titled this first post failure because that's what I was as a cross country skier. I worked my ass off trying to keep up with my friend Lori but she glided away from us and made it look easy. Cam, Terry and myself struggled just to keep up. It seemed the harder I tried the worse I got. It was a great workout though and we always had a ton of fun. Kolapore after a big snowfall was fantastic because you could get completely out of control and if you really needed to stop just falling down in a ton of snow would do the trick. I could have patented that move. I remember using it once while screaming (I'm not kidding, I think I was screaming) down Red Death which is one of the scariest things I have ever done. They didn't call it Red Death for nothing. Pride goes out the window when you speed down there, arms and poles flailing everywhere, snowplowing desperately trying to slow down. I don't think I ever went down there once without using the body brake. We always had a great time although we haven't been out on the skis for quite a while. I'll never forget the laughs and the screams. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Gary. Like the photos - seeing you grinning like that just makes me smile right back at your computer image. Now I am going to see if I can be your first follower just because I am like that!

    ReplyDelete