Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 17 March 2011

Spring skiing

  Well today on the hill was a great spring skiing day. Lori, Susan and myself started at about 9:30 and met up with Jim at the north chair of Blue. I thought the snow would have set up nicely overnight but it was soft right from the start because it was so warm. We had fun but you had to really watch out for the grey snow which was super sticky and could stop you dead in your tracks. That's a good way to hurt yourself, believe me I know. We only had one crash for the day and that was Jim's son Austin who went down on Elevator shaft. What the hell is the matter with todays youth. We skied the north end until 11:15 and then headed to TSC for what started out as a snack and ended up with a drink. The sun was blazing and it was just a great day for sitting out on the deck relaxing.
  I would also like to mention now that Jim has joined me as a member of the middle aged crazy sports car drivers. He has purchased a Honda S2000 and will soon be zooming around the area so if an orange streak passes you on the road there is a good chance it will be Jim. Yes that's right, I said orange. Orange. Really orange. It's hard to understand Bell management sometimes. Orange.
  After TSC we headed over to Gary Gasparini's for his annual end of season BBQ on the deck. It was great to see both Gary and Karen. I hadn't been over there in quite a while and the chalet has really changed since when I rented there so many years ago.
  Sometimes it takes a day like today for me to recognize what a lucky bunch we really are. A beautiful warm spring day, skiing with great friends, living a life that is the envy of many people. I'm a lucky guy. Cheers!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment