Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Saturday 19 March 2011

New skis

  There they are, my new skis. I bought them yesterday from Skis and Bikes in Collingwood for a pretty good price. They are Dynastar Legend Sultan 85's and they are an all mountain ski which I believe will be great when I head to Beaver Creek in 2 weeks. I was originally going to get the Head Titans which I demoed a couple of weeks ago and loved but there were 2 problems with them. Number 1 was the price, they are quite expensive and number 2 was they are a little too close to the Atomic SX9's I have now. No doubt about it though, they are a fantastic ski. Kenmark still has a pair of 170's left if anyone is interested. The Dynastars are 172's and wider underfoot than the Heads and they have a little less shape to them. I read a lot of reviews before I got them and the only bad reviews were from intermediate skiers. Instuctors and other strong skiers really liked them so I took a bit of a chance and bought them. I went to Blue yesterday around 5 pm and I was very happy with the results. The conditions at Blue were awful at best, the hill being skied out, soft cruddy conditions with lots of bumps and varying terrain. The Dynastars flattened out the bumps and rode through all the crud with ease. I was really surprised how easy they were to ski in these conditions. On the way back in Happy Valley was freshly groomed and they were great on that (that's not much of a test though). I haven't had them going real fast yet but all the reviews said they like to be pointed downhill and run hard so I am looking forward to that. I will say one negative thing about them, they're not the nicest looking ski around but hey, the skis should match the face. Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. I think the skis look great - nice design ! Are you going to ski on weekends or weekdays only ? Lori Brudek is up this weekend and we are going to ski starting at 10 am in front of Blue Mtn Inn. Also season pass holders lunch is at TSC from 11.00 am to 1.30 pm with DJ and food. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete