Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Friday 1 April 2011

Mad Hatter

  First of all I lied in my last post because I said it would be my last post before going to Beaver Creek. The problem is that post was just bloody awful, poorly done and squeezed out like a forced fart. It's obvious I need good subject matter to do a decent blog but it's not every day your pants fall down on the football field or a good friend buys an orange car powered by a lawn mower engine. Events like those are like manna from heaven. I have a new respect for people who can write something new and interesting every day or two. It's not as easy as one would think it would be.
  That being said I have decided to write again, this time on the subject of hats. I am not a big hat wearer but I find in the winter I have no choice but to put a lid on to keep the heat in. It is starting to look like I may have to start wearing one in the summer as well due to my thinning hair. I'm not going bald but my hair is certainly not as thick as it once was. No matter what kind of hat I am wearing I have always thought I looked like a bit of a doofus with one on, regardless of the type of hat.
  Last year though I was at the airport and after narrowly avoiding a cavity search passing through security I decided a new ski hat might help cheer me up and say something about me at Beaver Creek. I narrowed the search down to two hats. The first hat has a certain "je ne sais quois" about it. It's playful and obviously made me forget about going through security. I don't think it's the kind of hat Clark Gable would wear but I can see Cary Grant in it so this one was high on the list.

    The floppy ears make me seem relaxed and the store owner said they would stand straighten up if I got excited so this one went to the top of the list. The second hat was not that much different but it stirred up a whole new range of emotions. It's funny how just changing hats can radically change how one feels and how people percieve you


  This hat screamed "YOU WILL NEVER GET LAID AGAIN" and by golly Nostradamus must have been reincarnated as that fucking hat. Almost completely accurate except I'm not dead yet so the chance still exists; it may be hanging by a tattered thread but the chance does still exist. Hope is all I have. And possibly begging. Begging might work.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed outloud. Good one! To cheer you up here is a joke heard on telly by a comedian the other night -

    " I lost my virginity when I was 19. I found it again when I got married."

    ReplyDelete