Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 7 April 2011

I hurt.

 It is now day 4 of our ski trip and I shall be getting ready to head to Vail in about an hour. Preparation will have to include some self administered quad muscle massage and some stretches to hopefully alleviate the pain and stiffness at the back of my knees. My feet are also sore and my face is dried up like a prune with a nose that would do W.C. Fields (sorry to any young readers) proud. And with all that being said I am feeling better today than yesterday.
  Yesterday we skied at Beaver Creek and because it was quite warm on Tuesday afternoon and cold at night the snow was so frozen Wednesday morning you could shake your fillings out. It softened up by noon in many places but overall it was not primo skiing due to the snow conditions and overcast weather. On the plus side I didn't run anyone over yesterday. Small victory for me, great relief for those who ski with me. 
  We have now made our way back to the condo after one of the best ski days I have ever had. Vail is an amazing ski resort and as much as I like Beaver Creek there is no comparison. I can't explain it but Vail just has a feel to it. It is so big with every kind of terrain one could imagine that it seems more like an adventure than other ski resorts. The weather reports called for clouds and snow as well but it turned out to be blazing sunshine all day.  We started off with some fantastic groomed runs and then went to the back side for some glade and bump runs. I skied so well it almost looked like I knew what I was doing. Lori headed back first for some shopping, stuffing her shoes in her coat so she could shop comfortably. With the shoes stuffed in her coat it looked like she had chesticles. Cam and I carried on for some more glade runs but it wasn't long before I ran out of steam and had to head in.
  I arrived at Garfinkels for margaritas and beer and there were a couple of ladies setting up a "bongzilla" for a Budweiser employees party. She liked my ski sweater so much she offered to trade the bongzilla for it but I figured it would cost her more than that. We had a couple of drinks, did some shopping and now we are headed over to condo 86 for a beach party. I think I better bring the Applecorn. What a day!


BONGZILLA
  

No comments:

Post a Comment