Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Saturday 30 April 2011

I've cooled off

OK, I think I have calmed down now from the whiteout incident from the previous post. I still have no idea what happened there. All I know is the post looks normal when I am composing it but when I post it to the blog the whiteout shows up. I suppose I could investigate to find out why but I simply do not have the energy. I can only hope whatever caused the problem will not occur again. If you double or triple click in the whiteout area the text will show up in blue so it is possible to read but maybe not worth the trouble.I don't think my next job will be as an office assistant.
Today actually looks like it will be a good bike riding day. It's 1C right now but the high is supposed to be around 13 so Aaron and myself will be heading out at 1 PM for a ride up the Pretty River road and then to Feversham and back. It should work out to about 2 hours saddle time. It's a good ride as well because of the climb up to Robroy which is a long tough little climb, especially the last two corners. I am nowhere near in great bike riding condition yet but the ski trip to Colorado did help me on the first ride of the year last week.
I'm back from the ride now but I was on my own because Aaron couldn't make it, probably because he's tired of trying to keep up with a guy 25 years older. I rode almost to Feversham and back for a total of 53.5 km. Going out was a lot of uphill and coming back was tough because the last 15 km were right into the teeth of a stiff breeze. I'm in not bad shape except for my ass which is more than a little bit saddle sore right now. My heart rate monitor tells me I was out for 2 hrs, 4 mins, I had a peak heart rate of 171 with a ride average of 148. The calorie total was 2018 which is too high I think, I'm guessing 1200 calories burned would be closer to the truth. It was a nice ride and when I arrived back at home and removed my helmet it was obvious that my bad case of dorsalling is still with me. I don't know what it is but the combination of the helmet, my sweating and the type of hair I have make it look like I'm growing a dorsal fin on my head. On the bright side dorsalling is better than catamaraning which is three sprouts of hair, one in the middle and one on either side of my head making it seem like I was riding while balancing a small catamaran on my head. It's not a good look but who cares, it's the riding that matters.

1 comment: