Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Sunday 1 April 2012

Beaver Creek, Vail 2012

I am back in Colorado once again for some end of the year spring skiing. We arrived in Beaver Creek around 3:30 yesterday and checked into our very nice condo. There are 4 of us, Cam, Lori, myself and boot fitter extraordinaire from Kenmark Snowsports, Tom. If you are ever in need of ski boots Tom at Kenmark is the man to see. Sadly I drank too much and was in bed very early last night but that means I am ready and rarin to go this morning.
The Ritz Carlton
I am back now from what can only be called a great spring skiing day. The conditions were icy this morning and it is obvious that skiing will end here soon. We had a liquid lunch basking in the sun at the Ritz Carlton. Lori decided to check out the sale in the shop there and saw a very nice base layer Bognor  turtleneck. She figured it might be $50-$60 but got a rude awakening checking the price tag. It was $399, marked down from $499. Wow. We then made our way over to the Birds of Prey run which was nothing short of fantastic. Great snow and beautiful warm temperatures. After a couple of runs on it we made our way to the Chophouse to finish off the day. It was certainly the warmest day I have ever been out skiing and although it's not primo conditions it's impossible not to have a lot of fun.I just checked the EpicMix website which I signed up for this morning. We all have a credit card sized IDcard which is read at every chairlift and at the end of the day you can get your total vertical, all the lifts you have been on and a ton of other information. I totalled out at 24,000 feet of vertical today and for the first day thats OK I should think. The technology just amazes me.

1 comment: