Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 2 April 2012

It sucks to suck

Today was day two at Beaver Creek and after a couple of crashes there is only one conclusion to be reached; I fucking suck at skiing. I should be wearing a fools hat but I guess just watching me come down the hill a la Zamboni is proof enough that I fucking suck. Maybe it's time to pack skiing in and go back to my board. At least I didn't look like a complete idiot on it. It's embarrassing to look like a complete fool and certainly I have done enough of that shit this year. After I make a complete fool of myself I then decide to beat myself up physically and mentally. There's a rational response. Maybe I am a fucking masochist. Yeah that's it a masochist. Sadly I'd probably fucking suck at that as well. FUCK!!!!!!
So I have now had some time to cool down and the realisation is this is the worst ski season I have ever had. I have never been more clueless as to what my problem is. I know it has everything to do with my left side but what. As much as my right boot feels perfect I can't get my left  boot to give me any feeling of edge control on a consistent basis. I have lost confidence completely in my ability to get my left ski under control all the time. Everything feels wrong about it. It sucks. I suck!

1 comment: