Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 5 April 2012

Day5, Beaver Creek

Today will be the fifth day of our skiing vacation. It has been fun, exasperating, warm, cold, icy, slushy and just about any other snow related description you can think of other than powder.
The previous two days we have taxied to Vail and skied there although it's not nearly the same as it was the last two years. The back bowls are closed so the amount of skiable terrain has been greatly reduced. Even the front side has some closed areas. Because of the reduced terrain the resort seemed crowded. It is also Easter so Vail is packed with skiers and boarders from latin america. Both days were fun with yesterday being the warmest day I have ever skied. Conditions in the morning were quite icy and by afternoon quite soft. We ended the day with a beer or two at Garfinkels.
Garfinkels at Vail
I am still struggling with my left boot trying to get my foot to sit properly. I still haven't got it right although yesterday was a bit better. In the end I may try a different footbed because this one still has a large pressure point covering the whole arch area and my foot slides back when I pressure the tongue to turn. I think the footbed was perfect until I climbed up Blue a couple of times in the fall without any arch support and injured my foot. That was not very bright. All in all this was the most frustrating ski season I have ever had.  I must admit I will be glad to hang up the skis for the year get back on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment