Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 9 May 2011

What the hell happened to me?

So I'm 55 years old now but it seems I am not the person I once was. At some time in this growing up process I have changed and I'm not sure if I like what I am becoming. There was a time many years ago when I knew I was absolutely right about everything, that although I may have occasionally debated this or that with someone I always walked away knowing they were wrong; or better yet I was right. Where did that guy go. I miss him. Sort of. There was a time when  I knew I was strong enough to take anything on no matter how much it weighed on me and handle it with no problem. The stomach ulcers were a small issue but I could handle those as well. I liked that guy in a twisted kind of way. He seems to have disappeared. Where is the guy who had 2 emotions, mad and fucking mad ( by mad I mean angry, not the other mad which will be discussed in blog 74, tentatively titled "Fucking Nuts" or ""Why is the dog looking at me like that"). I liked that guy but maybe the dog didn't. Being mad (as in angry) was so easy, so natural. It shielded me from so much. Where is the guy who was thin and trim, who's knees didn't hurt and who's most worrisome medical issue wasn't gynecomastia. I don't want to wear a Bro! To summarize, What the hell happened to me........and why is the dog looking at me like that?

1 comment:

  1. I think it all started to change on a trip to Europe. Must have been that moment you were ogling the girls on the beach in Cannes. You've never been the same since! We took the boy out of Toronto and we took Toronto out of the boy.

    ReplyDelete