Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Sunday 8 May 2011

I'm surrounded

So I am at Silvia and Steve's place for dinner last night and I was talking to Terry about the election and I came to the realization that I am surrounded by left wing pinko greenies (how's that for a beautiful oxymoron).  It seems they all voted for the Green party which to me is a wasted vote. Yes Elizabeth May did win a seat, a first for the Greens but the overall vote for the Greens was was down by over 300,000. The only way you could have wasted your vote more would have been to vote Liberal, the party that is now lost in the political wilderness with no leader, no platform, no money and little hope of things changing in the near future.
Terry and I also ended up discussing the new Sun news channel and he mentioned that it was comparable to Fox news in the U.S. I asked him if he had ever seen it and he said no so my question is, how the hell can you form an opinion on something that you have never seen? I have seen Sun news and although I am a regular reader of the Sun (and the National Post) I can't say I thought there was anything special about their news channel. It's definitely right of centre but I have always thought the Sun makes an effort to show more than one side of a political point. Warren Kinsella is a Sun columnist and he is without a doubt a Liberal supporter and makes no bones about it in his column. Now if you want a slanted point of view in the media go pick up a Toronto Star, the worst newspaper in the world. It's sad that trees are killed so this wishy washy, all over the map, we want to be everything to everyone rag can be printed. If there is no story the Star will do it's best to create one. Yes the Sun still has the Sunshine girl and they could probably end that feature but their editorial section is as good as any paper anywhere.
So yes it's true, I am slightly right of Attila the Hun but at the same time I am quite happy to have a bunch of pinko greenies as my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment