Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Nice Ride

Today I managed to sweat out some of the beer I consumed at the party with a nice ride. Todd met me at my place but we had to go back to Todd's because he needed a jacket due to the chill in the air. It was quite windy as well. There is a little novelty shop below Todd's place and out front they had a real cool clock for sale, just $19. Todd bought that one and they had a second one so I just had to get it. They are miniature penny farthing bikes, approximately 3 feet long. The reason they were so cheap is because the XII for 12 is actually IIX which due to my dyslexia previously discussed I didn't even notice. I have no idea where it will go in my house or how I will hang it but I'm glad I got it. We then headed out past the airport and crossed Duntroon sideroad and ended up in Glen Huron, a small and rather pungent little town. From there it was out to Hwy 124 and into a stiff wind. I forgot to close my jackets pit vents before heading into the wind so although it was downhill I couldn't get up a good head of steam because of the wind and my jacket acting like an air brake. Had to stop and take care of that. We also had a short stop to check out the new traffic circle going in at Poplar sideroad and High St. They have a way to go before that is complete. It was nice to get the legs turning again and although the weather isn't exactly warm it was a really nice day for a ride. The ride totals were 49.5 km with an average speed of 26.7. The ride time was 1:51 and my heart rate numbers were minimum 83, peak 163 and average 136. The calorie total was 1584 but like I have said before I think that's high so maybe 1000 calories would be more accurate. A real good workout and a nice ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment