Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 23 May 2011

The Party, updated.

It is now the day after the party and it is with great relief that I can now announce that people actually showed up and better yet I think everyone had a good time. There is nothing more nerve racking than waiting for everyone to first of all show up and secondly enjoy themselves and I think I can safely say they did. Even the rain didn't put a damper on everyones spirits so it's safe to say the party was a success.
Tesoro's catered the event and I heard all sorts of compliments about the food. Amanda, who works at the Admirals Post did a fantastic job making sure the wine glasses were full and the beer was flowing.
The partiers were mostly my riding and skiing friends who are as much fun to be with at a party as they are on the ski hill or riding their bikes. Chris from Kamikaze Bikes (the best bike shop in the world)  made it over as well with his wife Sarah.
My plan for the party was to have my Xbox Kinect outside on the deck so people could give it a try and inside I had music and pictures running on the TV but no one seemed interested in the Kinect which was fine with me. The rest of the party took place in the kitchen which is par for the course at just about every party I have ever been to. I must admit I drank too much and feel like shit right now so starting tomorrow it's back on the bike and working up a sweat. Maybe I'll take a ride up the Pretty River road and head over to mennonite country near Badjeros. That ride is a good climb to Robroy and then rolling hills the rest of the way.
I almost forgot to mention that my little experiment worked as well. Every time I have people over for dinner or something else I always notice that the weigh scale in the washroom has been moved. I put it up against the wall before the party started and sure as hell it was in a different spot in the morning. Someone is secretly weighing themselves. I should put a very loud alarm on it to expose the culprit.
Today I returned some plates to Tesoro's and then went over to the Post to thank Amanda and Aaron was there and he said he smelled some illegal smile while at the party. I told him I hadn't smelled it and if there was some there, why the hell didn't I get offered a toke or two. Now I get off the phone with Lori and apparently I did get offered some illegal smile and didn't think twice about it. Oops.
I also have to mention that we lost one of our ski buddies last week. Karen Menyes-Gasparini lost her battle against cancer and she will be missed. The few times I saw Karen in the last couple of years she was upbeat and exuberant as usual. It was impossible to tell that she was in a fight for her life. I consider myself lucky to have known her.

1 comment: