Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 1 August 2011

August already.

It's hard to believe it's August already. Summer is flying by but I must admit the weather has been great for riding. Other than the week long heat wave we had conditions are great on the trails and the road.
I rode up the Pretty River road this morning and over to Grey road 2 and back. That totalled 47 kms in about 1 hour 40 minutes. It was so nice out the ride would have been longer but I walked out the door and hopped on the bike without water so the ride had to be cut short a little bit.
I have finally set up the cadence sensor on the bike and decided an average of 75 rpm would be a good goal for the ride but at the end my average was 80 rpm. Not bad. In my mountain biking days I had a tendency to push big gears and that is now something I am trying to move away from. High cadence is the most efficient way to pedal according to the experts. It's also easier on my aging knees which are starting to show signs of wear and occasionally remind me that I'm  not a kid anymore.
I would also like to update folks on the latest creations of Stinkbreath aka Guinness. I call his latest masterpiece "The Ass of Clubs". That little meal must have been scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment