Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Stoopid

Growing up there were certain things your parents taught you that were important lessons kids needed to know. Things like "don't run with scissors", "stay away from strange men" and "don't stick your finger in the spokes". I never ran with scissors and I stayed away from strange men so that means I learned those lessons well. Sadly the lure of sticking my finger into moving spokes was too great. My advice to you now is DON'T DO IT!!!!!!
I was out riding with Todd yesterday and we were just coming into Glen Huron when my bike computer stopped working. I was pretty sure it was the sensor on the fork that was the problem. I could have left well enough alone but that's not my nature so so I reached down and started fiddling with it. Baaad idea. The ring finger on my right hand got caught by a spoke and when all was said and done there was a chunk of flesh hanging from the side of my finger as well as an inch long cut. I had to stop in a lumber supply place for some bandages and after getting patched up we were back on our way.
My hope now is that if bad things happen in three's then I have now have had two close calls and inflicted grievous bodily harm to myself once so the rest of the season should be a cakewalk. If anyone asks about the spoke incident in the future I will simply say I was mesmerized by the spinning wheel. I figure if your dense enough to stick your finger into the spokes then being hypnotized by a spinning object can be my excuse. Or possibly I am simply stoopid.
Three days later

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of comments I could make - but I won't!! Think that if your parents had just stuck your finger into moving spokes when you were a child they would have saved you greater injury in later years.

    ReplyDelete