Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Thursday 25 August 2011

Passed me like a ??????

Checked the weather forecasts this morning and rain wasn't predicted so Todd and I went for a ride up the Pretty River road. I didn't feel like I had a lot to give but a 2 hour ride wouldn't be too tough to take. About 3/4's of the way up the climb a guy passed me like I was standing still.....passed me like a drunk rushing to the bar for last call........passed me like the town slut looking for a better offer. You get the picture. I wanted to throw my water bottle at him but he was out of throwing distance in no time at all. Very humbling. Granted this guy was younger and about 30 pounds lighter but it still was a shot to my tattered ego.
Just as we turned west from Robroy it started to rain. So much for the weather forecast. It didn't rain hard or long, just enough to soak us and cause the sweat from my hair to run into my left eye and sting like mad for the next 20 minutes. The rain stopped and we dried off just in time for the high speed downhill on Grey 19 which was when it started to rain again and continued until we reached the bottom. Bad timing on our part I guess. I was soaked when I got home but at least I got a ride in and hopefully I will never see that blur who passed me ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment