Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Snow!!!

It has taken a while but we finally have a significant (6 inches) amount of snow which should aid in getting the majority of the runs open. It is cold enough to also be making snow so fingers crossed things will start looking up for the skiers of Ontario. As it stands right now the ski shops are hurting bad for business and many people who came here to work at the resorts are not getting the hours they need to enjoy their stay here.
For consumers like me it has been great because of the boxing week sales which have allowed me to buy some new stuff at great prices. I have all new stuff that I have purchased since the end of last season so chances are no one will recognise me when I am at the hill so here are some tips that should help in identifying me
I will be arriving in a blue Pontiac Vibe instead of a red Subaru. I'll probably get stuck in the parking lot because I no longer have all wheel drive so look for the guy in the Vibe asking for a push. Once I do get to a parking spot you can tell whether it's me or not by how much cursing and swearing goes on while trying find my gloves, adjust my goggles and to get my boots on. When I have achieved these tasks I will grab my skis, lean them against the car only to watch them crash to the ground followed by the requisite cursing and swearing for a second time. I will then walk about 50 metres before I realise that my poles are still in the car. After retrieving my poles I will be snapping into my bindings when I realise that my season pass is sitting on the stool beside the front door, put there so as not to forget it. Sound recognition will be sufficient to tell it's me after forgetting my pass because I will be cursing and swearing loudly to myself (it takes skill to do both at once), possibly waving my hands around and more than likely driving out of the parking lot looking like the madman that I am occasionally capable of becoming.
I just can't wait for it!!!
A beautiful winter day.

2 comments: