Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012. It has been an interesting year with a ton of fun times skiing, biking, sticking my finger in the spokes, all kinds of  activities. My finger has actually healed beautifully and other than some continuing numbness, (in my head, not my finger) it is back to normal.
I am definitely looking forward to skiing a lot this year starting at Blue as soon as my 5x7 pass is valid which I believe will be January 9. It will take several days to adjust to the new boots but at least I will have warm feet for the season and it's unlikely I will lose a toenail this year because of my boots. When I do get out for some daytime skiing the north ski runs should be open with all the snow they will be able to make over the next week. Kudos to Blue and their snow makers for working hard to get full hill coverage.
Tonight a group of us are celebrating the new year at the Craigleith ski club in the north lodge. It should be a great time. I will also be celebrating my last official day as a Bell Aliant employee. After 35 years I have called it quits and at this time tomorrow I will be retired. Hopefully that means more skiing, snowboarding, biking and goofing off. I'm OK at the first 3 and I excel at the last activity.
To my very few readers have a great time tonight and please do something that I wouldn't do, stay awake until midnight. And to Lori, one of my faithful readers, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I'm going to try to avoid this look tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. By the look in that picture you may want to take a cab tonight - have fun !

    ReplyDelete