Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 19 December 2011

It's doofus time

I have never seen the actual definition of a doofus but I am pretty sure that as I sit here composing this there is little doubt I look like a doofus. My father occasionally called me a doofus as well so I must be one. Then again he sometimes called me a farmer and I was never sure if that was a good thing or not. But I digress. I certainly look like a doofus right now because  I am writing this while wearing my new ski helmet with my goggles and glasses as well. And while I am wearing this new helmet I am listening to Eminem on my MP3. That's because my new helmet has speakers. It's a K2 Diversion from Mountain Co-op and I am very happy with it other than I now look like the twin brother of Gazoo.
It seems as I get older I care less about how I look as long as I'm warm and comfortable. This helmet is absolute proof of that. Even Guinness seems aware that his owner is a doofus because he has left the room and I'm sure that's him I hear snickering around the corner.  But who really cares because now CSNY are playing through the speakers and they sound good., certainly better than the tunes on the adult alternative satellite channel I listened to while painting earlier on. I thought it would be nice to hear something a little different but all they played was a bunch of has beens and never weres doing their versions of a Christmas carol done better previously by someone else.
So I'll be rocking on the hill this year if it ever snows. My goal will be to go so fast I can't hear the music for the wind. I'm getting to like this new technology.
And now for something completely different I now present........THE DOOFUS!!!!!!








The man with no shame.

1 comment:

  1. You are mad! And I am stuck on the bit about you listening to Eminem!!

    ReplyDelete