Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 19 September 2011

355'th!!!!!!!!

I did it! I cracked the top 400 in the Centurion! That was exactly my goal! I couldn't be happier! I am totally full of shit!...........Please pick the most accurate statement of the previous three.
If you picked I am totally full of shit you are right. I must admit though that because of the knee trouble I had it was great just to be there. As for the knee my only explanation is maybe there was something floating around in there that jammed in a bad spot which caused my knee to lock. It's never happened to me before and hopefully it will never happen again.
The race was huge with 1219 riders in the 50 mile ride alone. It really is cool starting off in a massive peloton. When we got to the Grey 19 climb my weakness was exposed. I simply cannot climb with the top riders. I was passed by many riders on the climb and it's amazing how fast some of them can get up a hill. The winner came in with an incredible time of 2:22. I bettered my chip time from last year by less than a minute at 2:58:26 which is a bit disappointing but just the fact that I could ride makes me happy. My average speed was 28 kph and I was 19'th out of the 93 riders in my age group so I should be happy with that as well. All in all a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I am just thrilled that you were actually out there after the roller coaster ride of the past week. And you bettered your old time. Now you have a new goal for next year!

    ReplyDelete