Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 7 May 2012

Revenge is sweet!

Today I was emailed a photo by Lori that was taken of her skiing by the staff at Beaver Creek. We all had them done (Cam, Lori and myself) and mine is posted on an earlier blog. Thankfully that photo makes it seem like I can ski a little bit. Lori happens to be a much better skier than I am, probably one of the best skiers if not the best skier I know. She makes skiing look easy regardless of the conditions on the hill. It is a rare day when Lori falls unless I have crashed into her and decide that if if I'm going down, damn it, she's coming with me.. I not only crash, I crash in spectacular fashion due to my need for speed and my lack of a "maybe I should think this through" gene.

Kitzbeuhl, stage right
As I said earlier my impression of my photo skiing at Beaver Creek was for the most part favourable. I actually have an edge in the snow and look reasonably proficient but now Lori has sent me her photo with what looks like better form if you discount the ski pole in her right hand pointing to Kitzbeuhl, Austria. But I'm OK with her form being better because I have grown up (sort of) and I am comfortable with the fact that she is a better skier than I. Always will be. But why would she feel the need to rub it in. How petty. How childish. I would never stoop that low.
Well OK maybe I would. I can be as petty and childish as the next person. The sound I am most familiar with while skiing is Lori laughing at me, not with me. These things are hard to forget, impossible to forget actually and you know what they say; revenge is a dish best served cold so lets have a look at these rare photos.

Whatcha doin Lori?
Is there a problem?
That's good "getting up off your ass" form

Revenge is so sweet. The only disappointing thing is I couldn't get my camera out of my pocket quick enough to get the picture of Lori on her back with her ass in the air, pointing uphill (perhaps to Kitzbeuhl?). It was a race, me trying to get the camera out and Lori trying to get up before I did. I WON!!! The evidence is there. A picture is worth a thousand words. Three pictures, three thousand words.The world is my oyster. Life is good! 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your pole pointed???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha so I'm pointing to Austria!! "Control tower we have clearance" Gary is preparing to take off"

    And And ... I wouldn't stoop so low as to take my camera out when Gary is down. I would need to have my camera out all the time!!!!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete