Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Saturday 19 May 2012

Collingwood Cycling Club

About 3 weeks ago I heard there the CCC was starting back up after being dormant for a few years. It sounded like it was well organised and the response could be described as overwhelming. As of this morning there are 252 members of all different ages and abilities.
The cost to join was $77 and that included an OCA membership which you have to have to ride with the club. If you already are a member of the OCA that cost is subtracted form the $77. Should I decide to do a mountain bike race at Blue Mountain the OCA card is required as well so it was money well spent.
I arrived at Fisher field this morning at 8:45 and collected my membership card and went to the intermediate group ride. We were to ride to Creemore and back and hopefully learn some of the finer points of riding in a group. Going there was fun and quick compared to riding solo as I normally do. We stopped at the coffee shop in Creemore for 10 minutes and then headed back. Leaving Creemore was the toughest climb of the ride and it's clear that I will never challenge the good climbers. It's unreal how fast some folks can get up a hill. The ride ended up back at Fisher field around 11:45 and I have to say I am glad I joined. It was fun riding in a group and it will be nice to meet some new people who enjoy riding on the roads around Collingwood. I have often said that I would never want to be a member of any club that would have me (thanks Groucho) but in this case an exception has to be made. I am looking forward to many club rides this year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good club and nothing wrong with having options of riding with a group on occasion. You still have the optional solitary rides for the days you want to rant at the world.

    ReplyDelete