Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Sunday 6 May 2012

Memory Lane

I walked the hill yesterday, climbing the Cascade trail which is a beautiful climb when the water is rushing down the creek. At the top I headed north and decided to go down the hill on Memory Lane. Memory is a great ski run in the winter and it now lives up to it's name with a small memorial park near the top where many "live to ski" diehards are now remembered there. Friends like Karen Menyes Gasparini and Anthony Mosely lived to ski and snowboard and now their name plaques are among many other gone but not forgotten skiers. I hope when my day comes my name will end up there as well although it's not a club I want to join anytime soon.

Memory Lane memorial
I continued down the hill using the mountain bike trail in the woods and was surprised by how steep and difficult it was. There are some rooted and rocky sections that are without a doubt experts only and would certainly have one hanging off the back of the bike.
Farther on down there are some trick and fun looking man made obstacles such as the ramp below which has a couple of banked turns which are not that hard but a lapse in concentration could find you dropping off before the end of it.


Farther on down there is a really cool ramp which has been built around a large boulder which gives you the option of threading the needle around the rock or go over the rock. Either choice is a tough one and I'm sure this ramp has been responsible for more than a few crashes.

The final man made obstacle is a really fun looking ess ramp which is wide and relatively easy to ride but a good way to end the obstacle section.
I must admit Blue has done great job making this a challenging and fun downhill which would test the skills of just about all riders. 
Guinness and the Ess




1 comment:

  1. I'd be on my ass on the ground so fast my head would spin!!

    ReplyDelete