Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Monday 10 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope that as you read this you are stuffed with turkey and feeling sleepy after having thirds. I had my turkey dinner Saturday, it was excellent and for the first time I had sweet potato pie which was incredible. After all that I had to head home and fall asleep. Happy thanksgiving to all.
With the passing of thanksgiving we now head into what I call the dead zone, the time when the tourist invasion eases off and there is little going on until the first ski day.
I celebrated today by going for a bike ride in what could only be described as perfect weather conditions, around 20C with light winds. I headed off to Badjeros to visit Dr. Lucy, have my head read and then head back home. The ride totalled out at 63 kms with a 28.1 average speed which left me really tired at the end because I did put a lot of effort into it. The strange thing is after rides where I push myself  hard like today I get back home, have a shower and proceed to almost pass out from feeling super tired. It must be that as much as it's a physical workout it is also mentally draining concentrating on keeping ones speed up for a couple of hours. When I first got serious about road riding I figured you just got on a bike and pedalled but the more I ride the more I realize there is a great deal of technique involved as well. It seems I still have a lot to learn.
A great part of today's ride were the fall colours which were stunning. This year I think the colours were as vivid as I have ever seen. Above is my amateurish picture which really doesn't show the colours at all but there it is just the same, taken at the bottom of the Pretty River road.
Something amazing has happened as well. I had more hits this week from Russia than from Canada. I have no idea why unless a bunch of Canadian spies have just been released from the gulag. If it's simply because you Russians are enjoying reading my blog then thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I have had a bunch of hits from Russia too. Maybe they have something for Canadians?!

    ReplyDelete