Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Facebook

I was a little bored last week and wondering what I could do to pass some time and somehow I came to the conclusion that it was time for me to join Facebook. I am still not sure why I now have a Facebook page or if I am going to have a Facebook page a week from now but it has been interesting and to a degree amazing.
The moment I started the page all these suggestions for friends started coming up and the amazing thing was I knew quite a few of the people being suggested for friends. I am assuming the program searches for people using the same words as I used in my profile such as Collingwood and that's why a lot of people I know from this area showed up. I am guessing on that though.
I hadn't had my page active for more than a day when I received a friend request from a Susan Ma___tte. I looked at her picture, she was a road biker and wracked my brain but could not figure out for the life of me who she was so I denied the friendship request. The next day I received another friendship request from a Ted Nichols who, judging by his profile picture was a motorcycle rider. Once again I wracked my brain and for the life of me could not figure out who Ted Nichols was so I denied that friendship request as well.
I have now just gotten off the phone with Lori, my first Facebook friend and she happened to mention Ted Nichols and I had to ask, who the hell is Ted Nichols so she brought me up to date and I feel bad now. You see, I have known Ted for many years but I always thought his last name was Steve'sfriend. That's how I always knew him. Well, okay that's not quite accurate. For a while I thought his last name was Cheryl'shusband but then I realized it was Steve'sfriend. Then again, now that I think about it a little more  there was about a week or two when I figured his last name was Thehydroguy. Only for a week or two though.
I know one thing for sure. If I had seen Ted Nichols on a motorcycle just once, just one lousy time on a friggin motorcycle I probably would have figured it out for myself. Or I may have denied the friendship request from Ted Nichols and wondered why I hadn't heard from Ted Themotorcycler yet. It's hard to know anything for sure anymore. I suppose an apology is in order so I would like to state now without reservation, I'm sorry Tod.

1 comment:

  1. Don't expect much out of me on Facebook. I just use it for some friends who no longer email and seem to communicate only through there. Certainly can't be arsed to tell everyone little snippets. Got enough of that blogging. But welcome to Facebook and aren't you happy I recognised your name and didn't deny your friend request?!

    ReplyDelete