Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls

Ice climbing at Eugenia Falls
Eugenia Falls

Saturday 23 June 2012

A pain in the ass!

All of last year the biggest problem I had riding, other than my sore neck was my sore ass caused by riding on my Specialized Avatar bicycle saddle. The days were rare when my sit bones didn't hurt from that saddle. The difficult part about buying a saddle is until you ride on it a few times it is difficult to tell whether or not it will be to your liking.
I looked around in the winter for a new saddle and decided in the end to go with one made of leather by Brooks. For many years most saddles were leather and Brooks was certainly world famous for theirs. I have now put close to 1000 kms on this seat so I figure it's time for an update. So far it sucks. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a useless piece of shit but it is closing in quickly on that title. My saddle has broken in a fraction over the last 3 months but to be accurate it has broken my ass in more. The other issue is it is also breaking in my taint to the point where it soon may be an aint. I don't want to admit defeat but I don't know how much longer my parts can stand it. I have been told that Brooks saddles are seats for life but I don't want to go through life as a castrato. I really don't want to buy a new saddle either but there may be no other choice than to bite the bullet and fork out for another saddle that I may hate as well.
On the bright side I typed this post using the new keyboard I purchased for my Blackberry Playbook and it is excellent. It has a real nice feel while typing and although small it has been quite easy to use and certainly a lot faster than typing on the screen. Kudos to Blackberry.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many rude things I could be saying. But I shall refrain. Who knows who reads this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same as Susan, I shall refrain. Although I do have a slightly used OCR saddle that is in pretty good condition. I got it from a certain OCR road bike that I bought used. I would be willing to do an even trade for your Brooks.

    ReplyDelete